December 1, 2007

kanada, ..... ! where did we leave off....?

all i remember of the last week is mostly that of wandering, convolution, givin'er my final 190, and my spine holding out on me (good riddance).
i think it might go something along the lines of my getting somewhat (quite a bit) lost in budapest one day, drinking alot of hot wine (these two things dont necessarily coinside), watching gypsy music, being fed, (what is it with people loving to feed me, aside from just my crazy mom?) trying to call distant planets in hopes of contacting lifeforms, (to no avail), flying WAY too much, interval sleeping, nutso people, a serious loathing of plane landing, and going from +10 to -10 too fast.
so there was this one time, from ireland to chicago (8.5 hour flight) when i was at what i felt was my most painfully unkepmt and underslept after a night of pretending to sleep in the airport terminal, with frequent rise and shine encounters of buddy cleaning pretty loudly, intercom hell, and police prodding me a broom. anyway, i felt sure i could sleep on this long flight, until a girl from alaska plops down beside me. apparently, she loves to talk. in fact, she felt so inclined to go into such great detail about this science fiction novel she read (giving me the worst breakdown ive ever heard) while i struggle to stay conscious. then we fly through a rainbow, quite literally, to my eyes anyways, and wham, freak turbulance. i blame ireland. we descend a fair chunk, wobble around, i hold back some vomit, while people frantically look to others for reassurance. all i could think of was how i would much rather not die before xmas, and, with my last thoughts being that of scifi. i complacently put the blanket over my head and didnt wake up until

USA.
get ravaged by customs.

then,
Canadian soil
Halifax, Montreal baby.
and home.
i am le toast.
see you in my dreams.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

;) spoonin' you

Ko-Leen said...

hope you get some decent sleep soon!
and I got a new dog!
When are you coming to meet her?

Anonymous said...

wow that sounds like the best flight ever.
But at least you made it home safe and sound.
We here in iceland miss you lots and lots, just not the same hanging out in the weekend.
Hope to see you soon.
Your favorite belgian

Simmi said...

Hey Hey good to see that you made it back home in one piece. What an adventure:-) Great pictures from Ireland and Budapest.